- The Travelling Musicians
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (16.8 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "2"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Traveling Musicians"
Watermark: "J. Whatman" (Heawood 3459)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggars | children | genre subject | instruments | men | musicians | spectators | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, The Travelling Musicians, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.