The Travelling Musicians
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (16.8 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "2"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Traveling Musicians"
Watermark: "J. Whatman" (Heawood 3459)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggars | children | genre subject | instruments | men | musicians | spectators | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, The Travelling Musicians, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.