Canvasing for Member of Parliament
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (16.8 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, within margin, lower right: "Dighton- del"; in ink, within margin, upper right, "4;" in black ink, across bottom margin: "Canvasing [sic] for Member of Parliament"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton- del "; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggar | campaign | carriage | child | genre subject | men | politicians | shops | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, Canvasing for Member of Parliament, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.