Relieving the Distressed Travellers
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (16.8 × 27.6 cm)
In black ink, within margin, lower right: "Dighton-del"; in ink, within margin, upper right: "8;" in black ink, across bottom margin: "Relieving the Distressed Travellers"
Watermark: in center, Bend on Shield (Heawood 115) [extremely hard to read, but much clearer on B1986.29.81]
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | children | genre subject | house | men | road | soldiers | travellers | umbrella | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, Relieving the Distressed Travellers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.