A Durbar Scene, Poona, October 3, 1792
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 6 1/16 inches (11.4 × 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "No. 18"; lower center: "A Durbar Scene Poona Oct 3rd 1792 | Sketch of the [...] at Durbar"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | court (judicial body) | genre subject | genre subject | Indian | men | shields | swords | turbans
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 24, no. 18, V2359 (YCBA)