Lyme Regis, Norfolk
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 15 1/8 × 20 15/16 inches (38.4 × 53.2 cm), 9 3/4 × 12 1/2 inches (24.8 × 31.8 cm), and 6 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.7 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Taylor Coll"; lower center: "Lyme Regis"; lower right: "Eng & Wales"; upper left: "R | 290"
Lettered, lower center: "Engvd by T. Jeavons"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]