A Cat and Chickens
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink over graphite with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, upper center: "15"; on verso, in graphite, lower right:"2223"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "Newton Fielding, 1833"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | barn | bottle | cat | chickens | eggs | hay | hens | rooster | stool
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Newton Limbird Smith Fielding, 1799–1856, British, A Cat and Chickens, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.