IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Newton Limbird Smith Fielding, 1799–1856, British, Moonlight River Scene, undated
Moonlight River Scene
- Watercolor with scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.8 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite, lower right:"Newton Fielding".
Collector's: On verso, collector's mark stamped in black [Picture of an eagle][Davis Galleries]
Signed in graphite on verso, lower right: " Newton Fielding"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | castle | cliff | landscape | moonlight | night | river
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.