- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 1/16 × 14 5/16 inches (28.1 × 36.4 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 12 5/8 inches (22.5 × 32.1 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/16 × 12 3/16 inches (21.4 × 31 cm), and Image: 7 × 9 7/8 inches (17.8 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.310. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "310 E"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4130"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "[are Dillon & Mendal]"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by J.C. Allen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | North Sea | Orford Ness | Orford Ness Lighthouse | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Orfordness, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.