- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 15/16 inches (28.9 × 43 cm), Plate: 5 × 7 1/2 inches (12.7 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 2 3/4 × 4 1/4 inches (7 × 10.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.317 a. (b.)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(2) | 1828 or 1829 - W. Ward unforseen (3) has artist's names in Roman type under [plate lines ...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "41 | 1828"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "EHENBRITSTEIN"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by John Pye"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.