- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with cream chine colle
- Sheet: 12 × 16 13/16 inches (30.5 × 42.7 cm), Plate: 5 × 7 5/8 inches (12.7 × 19.4 cm), Chine collé: 4 3/4 × 7 1/8 inches (12.1 × 18.1 cm), and Image: 2 3/4 × 4 5/16 inches (7 × 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.317 - a (c)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "317a | Literary Souvenir 1829. Engravers Proof (c)."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Ehrenbreitstein"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4214"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. Pye."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.