- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (28.9 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 × 8 5/8 inches (15.6 × 21.9 cm), Chine collé: 5 11/16 × 8 1/4 inches (14.4 × 21 cm), Image: 3 5/8 × 5 1/4 inches (9.2 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.320. (b)."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's proof (b) | Lake of Albano - Keepsake 1829 and Heath's Gallery 1836"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Albani, Colli | Albano, Lago | Cavo, Monte | Italy | Lazio
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Lake Albano, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.