- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (28.9 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 × 8 5/8 inches (15.6 × 21.9 cm), Chine collé: 5 11/16 × 8 1/4 inches (14.4 × 21 cm), and Image: 3 5/8 × 5 1/4 inches (9.2 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.320. (b)."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's proof (b) | Lake of Albano - Keepsake 1829 and Heath's Gallery 1836"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Albani, Colli | Albano, Lago | Cavo, Monte | Italy | Lazio
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Lake Albano, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.