- Part Of:
- 1828 to 1837
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 7/8 inches (28.9 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/2 inches (15.2 × 21.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 11/16 × 8 inches (14.4 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 5 3/16 inches (8.9 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.321 (c)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof (c) | Lago maggiore - Keepsake 1829 and Heath's Gallery 1836"
Collector's mark: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R. Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | lake | landscape (representation) | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Europe | Italy | Maggiore, Lago | Switzerland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Lago Maggiore, 1828 to 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.