- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with beige, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 × 17 1/16 inches (30.5 × 43.3 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 × 8 9/16 inches (15.4 × 21.7 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (14.6 × 21 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.324"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's proof. | Saumur - 1831 Keepsake"
Collector's stamp: "W.G.R.
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | château | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Church of Saint Pierre-du-Marais | Château de Saumur | Europe | France | Loire | Maine-et-Loire | Pays de la Loire | Pont Cessart | Saumur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.