IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Saumur, 1830
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 × 17 1/16 inches (30.5 × 43.3 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 × 8 9/16 inches (15.4 × 21.7 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (14.6 × 21 cm), Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.324"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's proof. | Saumur - 1831 Keepsake"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | château | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Church of Saint Pierre-du-Marais | Château de Saumur | Europe | France | Loire | Maine-et-Loire | Pays de la Loire | Pont Cessart | Saumur
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.