- Part Of:
- Line engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 3/8 × 16 15/16 inches (28.9 × 43 cm), 6 × 8 5/8 inches (15.2 × 21.9 cm), 5 3/4 × 8 5/16 inches (14.6 × 21.1 cm), and 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.324"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "First Published State. | 61a Saumur - Keepsake 1831"
Collector's stamp: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | château | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Church of Saint Pierre-du-Marais | Château de Saumur | Europe | France | Loire | Maine-et-Loire | Pays de la Loire | Pont Cessart | Saumur
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.