Building and Repairing Masoola Boats
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted to card
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 9 inches (16.2 × 22.9 cm), Mount: 8 7/8 × 11 inches (22.5 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso: " No 12. | Buillding and Mending Masula Boats"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | boatbuilding | boats | building | horses (animals) | marine art | ocean | repairing | workers
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Gantz, 1772–1853, Building and Repairing Masoola Boats, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.