IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
I. H. Gascoigne, active 1830s–1840s, Quarterdeck by Moonlight - When Homeward Bound, 1842
Quarterdeck by Moonlight - When Homeward Bound
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 7 1/2 inches (23.5 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Quarter-Deck, by Moonlight./(When Homeward Bound.)" Inscribed (on mount) "1842"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canons | captain | marine art | mast | moonlight | sails | ship | wheelhouse
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.