View of the Forum in Rome
- Watercolor over graphite with stopping-out, scraping out and gum on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- 15 7/8 x 25 1/2 inches (40.3 x 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown paint, lower right: "HW William | 1828"
Signed and lated in brown paint, lower right: "HW William | 1828"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | cityscape | forum | Grand Tour | landscape | ruins | view
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Great Age of British Watercolors c.1750 - 1880 (National Gallery of Art, 1993-05-02 - 1993-07-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Great Age of British Watercolors c.1750 - 1880 (Royal Academy of Arts, 1993-01-15 - 1993-07-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]