IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to Gangaram Chintaman Tambat, active 1790s, Anglo-Indian, A Mohametan with his Parrot, undated
A Mohametan with his Parrot
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 5 inches (16.8 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "a Mahometan Faquir"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.