IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Kensington Gardens, undated
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink over graphite with scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 inches (24.5 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, center right: "Powell / Lana beige / 13 1/2 x 20 portrait"; in black ink, on back, lower right: "Kensington Gardens. | Martin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | gardens | genre subject | landscape | leisure | men | park (grounds) | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Kensington Gardens | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.