IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate for John Burnell from Drayton Church, between 1796 and 1811
Brass Plate for John Burnell from Drayton Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London, Vol.II: Brass Plate for John Burnell from Drayton Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 10 7/8 inches (38.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Drayton Vol XII page 38"; inscribed, upper right: "227."; inscribed, lower center: "The MONUMENT of JOHNBURNELL on the South Wall, in DRAYTON CHURCH midx."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brass | church | memorial | plate
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Hillingdon | London | St Martin's Church | United Kingdom | West Drayton
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.