Battersea Fields, Painted for Charles Matthews, Esq.
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured gray wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 9 1/4 inches (14 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Battersea Field painted for | Charles Matthews Esq."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Patrick Nasmyth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | fences | landscape | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Patrick Nasmyth, 1787–1831, British, Battersea Fields, Painted for Charles Matthews, Esq, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.