Battersea Fields, Painted for Charles Matthews, Esq.
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured gray wove paper
- 5 1/2 × 9 1/4 inches (14 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Battersea Field painted for | Charles Matthews Esq."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Patrick Nasmyth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | fences | landscape | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Patrick Nasmyth, 1787–1831, British, Battersea Fields, Painted for Charles Matthews, Esq, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.