Stained Glass in the Windows of Hanworth Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Stained Glass in the Windows of Hanworth Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 1/2 inches (37.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hanworth Vol XII page 97"; inscribed, upper right: "259"; inscribed, left center: "In the South Side Middle Window"; inscribed, right center: "In the South Side Middle Window"; inscribed, lower left: "In the North Side Window"; inscribed, lower center: "On of the Middle Figures in the Chancel Window | STAINED GLASS in the Windows of HANWORTH CHURCH Middx:"; inscribed, lower right: "On each Diamond Square in the chancel window is one of these Flowers."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | memorial | stained glass | windows
- Associated Places:
- Feltham | Greater London | Hanworth | London | St Dunstan's Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Stained Glass in the Windows of Hanworth Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.