Sketches from Life
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 4 3/4 inches (18.1 × 12.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "[...] Post. horses"; inscribed throughout: "white | Brown | Red | yel | white | Irishwoman & Irishman | cow [...] | Salamon Color | Brown | white | Man Cook at Tavern Door"; lower right: "Sketches from Life | Edmd. Tho. Parris | 1826-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | basket | bonnet (hat) | costume | couple | dresses | figure study | hats | hats, top | horses (animals) | kerchief | ladder | men | parasols | people | tailcoats | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund Thomas Parris, 1793–1873, British, Sketches from Life, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.