IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Piece of a Tombstone from Barking Chruch, Essex, 1809
Piece of a Tombstone from Barking Chruch, Essex
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Piece of a Tombstone from Barking Church, Essex
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (26.7 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Barking Vol XIV page 91"; inscribed, upper right: "294";inscribed, upper center: "IN BARKING CHURCH, ESSEX."; inscribed, lower center: "Scale, 2 Inches to a Foot | Drawn, Etched and Published April 1, 1809 | by Fisher, Haxton."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | memorial | tombstone
- Associated Places:
- All Hallows-by-the-Tower | Barking | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.