- Brass Plate Monument for John Stockton, West Wickham Church
- between 1796 and 1811
- Graphite, watercolor, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 10 3/4 inches (35.9 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "West Wickham Vol XVII page 553"; in graphite, upper right: "<West Wickham | . . . > | 330"; in pen and black ink, center left: "Scale 1/2 an Inch to a Foot"; center: "Scale, 6 inches to a Foot | Scale, 4 inches to a Foot"; in graphite, lower right: "<...> 553"
Lettered inside image, lower center in black ink: "Pray for the soule of Sr. John Stokton the | whiche decessed the xxiiii day of September ye | yer of o' lord m v x v o' whose soule ih'u have m'ci"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject | praying
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Plate Monument for John Stockton, West Wickham Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.