Designs for a Gothic Lamp
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 33 7/8 x 23 3/8 inches (86 x 59.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Section on"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "from 2 to 2 to be increased 1 & 1/4 in height"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "at h. real size"; in pen and black ink, center left: "at W"; n pen and black ink, center left: "Plan of k"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "thin member | must be increased 1in in height | Section of lamp"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "P"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "engraving at W"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "at P | real size"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "at h"; lower center: "at L | Real size"; lower right: "hook", "hook", "hook"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Plan | Lamp. half real size"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "AWPugin [in monogram | 1839."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | design | Gothic (Medieval) | lamp | section drawings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Designs for a Gothic Lamp, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.