Section through the Nave of Aisles of St. Paul's Cathedral Looking West
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 10 1/8 inches (30.5 x 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "1823"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "No. 2"; in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section through the Nave of Aisles of St Paul's | Cathedral looking west taken 1823"; in graphite, throughout, section labeled and with dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Very Good"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aisles | architecture | cathedral | design | nave | section
- Associated Places:
- London | St Paul's Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Section through the Nave of Aisles of St. Paul's Cathedral Looking West, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.