Designs for Gothic Screen, Crucifix and Stained Glass Window
- Graphite on thin, smooth, blue wove paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 15 5/8 inches (24.8 × 39.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "the holy doors"; in graphite, upper left: "Current houndstooth"; in graphite, lower left: "monk"; in graphite, lower left: "1/4 | size"; lower left: "at oo"; in graphite, upper right: "gilt the crown | [...]"; in graphite, upper right: "gilt"; in graphite, upper right: "gilt", "gilt", "gilt", "colored | [...]"; in graphite, lower right: "glass"; in graphite, lower right: "[...] wall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | crucifix | design | Gothic (Medieval) | screen | stained glass | window
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Designs for Gothic Screen, Crucifix and Stained Glass Window, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.