Sketches of the Butler-Bowden cope
- Graphite on thin, smooth, blue wove paper with four fold marks
- Sheet: 9 × 14 3/4 inches (22.9 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Baron | St. Mary Mount | [...]"
Watermark: "ROCKLIFF | & SON."; Stamp: "Rockliff"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | architectural subject | architecture | copes | design | Gothic (Medieval) | Medieval | saints | vestments
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Sketches of the Butler-Bowden cope, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.