Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, A Laborer Seen From Behind Operating a Machine, before 1841
A Laborer Seen From Behind Operating a Machine
- Part Of:
- before 1841
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 15/16 × 2 1/2 inches (10 × 6.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "4''"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | labor | laborer | machine | man | peasant | pedal | vest | wheel | worker | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.