Sketches of Peasants and Work-Horses
- Watercolor with pen and ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 6 x 8 1/2 inches (15.3 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "Samuel PROUT"; on mount, lower center: "Sketches of Peasants and Work-Horses"; on verso of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Sketches of Peasants and Work-Horses"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | aprons | barrels | bonnets | canes | cargo | dresses | figure study | figures | genre subject | harnesses | hats | horses (animals) | kerchiefs | men | peasants | scarves (costume accessories) | sketches | top hats | trousers | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, Sketches of Peasants and Work-Horses, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.