- View of Calcutta and its Environs: Chowringhee Road from number X1 Esplanade, Calcutta
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, brown wash, and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, blue, wove paper
- Mount: 6 11/16 × 21 inches (17 × 53.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/8 × 19 15/16 inches (14.3 × 50.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "26"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Chowringhee Road from no. XI esplanade Calcutta"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, View of Calcutta and its Environs: Chowringhee Road from number X1 Esplanade, Calcutta, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.