James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, South American Porcupine, undated
South American Porcupine
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (29.8 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "23"; center right: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | Brazilian Porcupine | Mammalia (class) | South American
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.