IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Kinkajou, undated
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 8 1/2in. (30.5 x 21.6cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "blacker"; center left: "[...] color | flesh color | yellowish | [...] only in the older"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "24"; lower right: "James Sowerby: A Mammal"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | feet | Kinkajou | Mammalia (class)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.