- A Mammal with Sketches of it's Feet and Mouth
- Watercolor, white gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 8 1/2in. (30.5 x 21.6cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "blacker"; center left: "[...] color | flesh color | yellowish | [...] only in the older"; on verso in graphite, upper left: "24"; lower right: "James Sowerby: A Mammal"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | feet | Kinkajou | Mammalia (class)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, A Mammal with Sketches of it's Feet and Mouth, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.