- Bird of Paradise and Verso: Sketch of a Flower
- Watercolor, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 10 1/4 inches (22.9 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, uppe left: "25 | By James Sowerby [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird-of-paradise | branch | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Bird of Paradise and Verso: Sketch of a Flower, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.