IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Bird of Paradise and Verso: Sketch of a Flower, undated
Bird of Paradise and Verso: Sketch of a Flower
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Sketch of a Flower
- Watercolor, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 10 1/4 inches (22.9 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, uppe left: "25 | By James Sowerby [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird-of-paradise | branch | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.