IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, Head of a Racoon, undated
Head of a Racoon
- Graphite, gray wash and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 inches (21.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Racoon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | Mammalia (class) | Raccoon
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.