James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, White-faced Whistling Duck, undated
White-faced Whistling Duck
- Additional Title(s):
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (10.5 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Anas fraenata" on verso, upper right: "62"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | duck | White-faced Whistling Duck
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.