IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, A Porpoise?, undated
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 × 12 3/4 inches (19.7 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "21 lower jaw each side | lg upper"; on verso in graphite, lower right: "117"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | Mammalia (class)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art, lux, et veritas, 2015 : students respond to art at Yale, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 2015, pp. 27-29, no. 5, V 2588 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.