IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, A Sun-Bear, undated
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 6 inches (16.5 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "inside of nostrils flesh | [...] | under too dark | keep these 4 toes | close"; on verso in graphite, upper right: "27"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bear | Sun Bear
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.