IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Sowerby, 1756–1822, British, A Crane, undated
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 12 inches (25.1 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "3 feet high"; upper center: "[...]"; center right: "Lt Brown | Brown"; lower center: "By James Sowerby | 48"; on verso in graphite, center right: "Zool Journal"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | crane (bird)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.