Lady Diana Beauclerk, 1734–1808, British, An Allegory of Love, Undated
An Allegory of Love
- Watercolor and colored chalks on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 19 1/2 x 24 7/16 inches (49.5 x 62.1 cm)
Possibly inscribed on fountain in watercolor, lower left: "93"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | arrows | basket | bows (weapons) | flying horse | food | forest | fountain | fruit | fruit | goddess | love | mythology | putti | religious and mythological subject | trees | wings | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.