Lady Diana Beauclerk, 1734–1808, British, An Allegory of Love, Undated
An Allegory of Love
- Watercolor and colored chalks on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 24 7/16 inches (49.5 x 62.1 cm)
Possibly inscribed on fountain in watercolor, lower left: "93"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | arrows | basket | bows (weapons) | flying horse | food | forest | fountain | fruit | fruit | goddess | love | mythology | putti | religious and mythological subject | trees | wings | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.