Thomas Uwins, 1782–1857, British, Festa di San Antonio, Bay of Naples, ca. 1840
Festa di San Antonio, Bay of Naples
- ca. 1840
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 33 inches (18.1 × 83.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Thomas Unwins; Festa de San Antonil"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | crucifix | customs | genre subject | goats | Grand Tour | landscape | volcano
- Associated Places:
- Bay of Naples | Italy | Naples | Vesuvius
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.