Study for "The First Ear-Ring"
- Additional Title(s):
Study for "The First Earring"
- before 1834
- Watercolor with graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 x 14 3/8 inches (54.6 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "FAS | 12407 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | dress | earrings | genre subject | hands | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "The First Ear-Ring", before 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.