Study for "The First Ear-Ring"
- Additional Title(s):
Study for "The First Earring"
- before 1834
- Watercolor with graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 x 14 3/8 inches (54.6 x 36.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "FAS | 12407 (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | dress | earrings | genre subject | hands | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Study for "The First Ear-Ring", before 1834