- ca. 1824
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 8 7/8in. (18.4 x 22.5cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "This addition [...] | the apperance but | does not [...] with | the measure | may not the meek be [...] | more upright and of coarse | the head [...] back?"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Scale, one inch to a foot | lenght 12 hands, 3 inches | height 10 hands 1 inch"; on verso in graphite, upper right: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | grass | zebra (mammal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Christopher Plumb, Zebra, Reaktion Books, London, UK, p. 87, QL737.U62 P58 2018 (LC) (YCBA)