The Bayswater Turnpike
- Watercolor, pen and black and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, wove paper mounted on card
- Mount: 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches (24.1 x 29.2 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 3/8 inches (14 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "near the Turnpike at Bayswater looking towards London"; inscribed on back in graphite upper center: "12 1/2 x 16:"; in graphite center: "Near the Turnpike at Bayswater | towards London. | Paul Sandby RA"; in graphite lower right: "J1326"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "P. Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coaches | fence | landscape | road | sky | trees | turnpike
- Associated Places:
- Bayswater | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, The Bayswater Turnpike, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.