The Bayswater Turnpike
- Watercolor, pen and black and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, wove paper mounted on card
- Mount: 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches (24.1 x 29.2 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 3/8 inches (14 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "near the Turnpike at Bayswater looking towards London"; inscribed on back in graphite upper center: "12 1/2 x 16:"; in graphite center: "Near the Turnpike at Bayswater | towards London. | Paul Sandby RA"; in graphite lower right: "J1326"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "P. Sandby"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coaches | fence | landscape | road | sky | trees | turnpike
- Associated Places:
- Bayswater | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, The Bayswater Turnpike, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.