Self-Portrait of the Artist Reclining on a Gothic Couch Reading a Book
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 inches (21.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D3949 / William Mulready RA 1786-1863 | Self-Portrait(?) 1827 | LGD"
Signed and dated, in graphite, lower right: "W. Mulready | July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | books | couch | decorative arts | furniture | Gothic decorative arts | hair | man | pillows | portfolios (containers) | portrait | self-portrait | shirt | sketchpads | table | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Mulready, William (1786–1863), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Mulready, 1786–1863, Irish, Self-Portrait of the Artist Reclining on a Gothic Couch Reading a Book, 1827