Self-Portrait of the Artist Reclining on a Gothic Couch Reading a Book
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 inches (21.9 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "D3949 / William Mulready RA 1786-1863 | Self-Portrait(?) 1827 | LGD"
Signed and dated, in graphite, lower right: "W. Mulready | July 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | books | couch | decorative arts | furniture | Gothic decorative arts | hair | man | pillows | portfolios (containers) | portrait | self-portrait | shirt | sketchpads | table | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Mulready, William (1786–1863), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Mulready, 1786–1863, Irish, Self-Portrait of the Artist Reclining on a Gothic Couch Reading a Book, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.