IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Sandby RA, 1721–1798, British, Encampment Scene, undated
- Watercolor, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 1 3/8 × 3 inches (3.5 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in grapthite, upper center: "170"; lower left: "T.S."; lower right: "from [...] | 1748"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | military camp | tents
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.