IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Sidney Shepherd, 1784–1862, British, The Times and Evening Mail Office, 1811
The Times and Evening Mail Office
- Watercolor and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 5/8 inches (17.5 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "The Times Evening Mail Office | original water color drawing | by G. Shepherd 1811 | Printing times Square [...] | The times first established Jan 1st 1788"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in black ink, lower left: "G. Shepherd | 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | child | chimneys | cityscape | crest | dog (animal) | men | office building | relief | smoke | steeple | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.