Vale of Health - Hampstead
- Watercolor, graphite, black ink, and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (12.1 × 20 cm)
Inscribed on verso in ink, upper left: "Vale of Health-Hampstead"; in graphite, center: "Vale of Health | Hampstead"; in graphite, lower center: "Original drawing by John Thomas Smith ("Raing/Dag Smith"), Keeper Prints & Drawings, British Museum."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Smith | 30"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | cows | fields | hedges | houses | landscape | pastures | pond | roads | steeple | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampstead | Hampstead Heath | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Vale of Health - Hampstead, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.