Vale of Health - Hampstead
- Watercolor, graphite, black ink, and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 4 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (12.1 × 20 cm)
Inscribed on verso in ink, upper left: "Vale of Health-Hampstead"; in graphite, center: "Vale of Health | Hampstead"; in graphite, lower center: "Original drawing by John Thomas Smith ("Raing/Dag Smith"), Keeper Prints & Drawings, British Museum."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Smith | 30"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | cows | fields | hedges | houses | landscape | pastures | pond | roads | steeple | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampstead | Hampstead Heath | London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Vale of Health - Hampstead, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.