Carnedd Llewelyn and Carnedd David, Carnarvonshire, Seen Across the River Ogwen
- Additional Title(s):
Carnedd Llewelyn and Carnedd David, Caernarfonshire
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 8 3/4 inches (13.3 x 22.2 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 5/8 × 9 1/8 inches (14.3 × 23.2 cm), and Mount: 5 7/8 × 9 1/4 inches (14.9 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on a section of the old mount (detached), lower center: "Carnedd Llewelyn and Carnedd David two principal mounts of Carnarvonshire, | seen across the river of Ogwen in Mount Francon, from the Westward."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | clouds | forest | landscape | mountains | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Carnarvonshire | Carnedd Llewelyn | Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Carnedd Llewelyn and Carnedd David, Carnarvonshire, Seen Across the River Ogwen, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.